Thank you for your interest in a career with PAEYC.
PAEYC’s mission is to support high-quality care and education for young children. PAEYC provides advocacy, community resources, and professional growth opportunities, for the needs and rights of children, their families, and the individuals who interact with them. PAEYC works regionally (in Southwestern Pennsylvania) and takes its expertise and models to statewide and national audiences.
To apply, please see instructions at the bottom of each job listing. Phone calls WILL NOT be accepted. Postings will remain open until filled.
FAMILY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (FDS)
Position: Family Development Specialist
Location: Homewood Brushton Family Support Center
Purpose: Family Development Specialists (FDS) are responsible for providing direct service to families from diverse backgrounds with children 0-5 years (that includes prenatal and post partum stages for unborn child's development and the mother's health, nutrition, and psychological state). These prevention services help families set personal goals and address the many obstacles that come up in day-to-day life in Homewood-Brushton. This direct service will include preschool programming, home visits, goal planning, developmental screenings, advocacy, and referrals linking families to any needed services.
- Attend minimum of twenty (20) hours of job-related trainings annually
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Build positive rapports with parents and children
- Conduct and complete minimum of one or two home visits per month depending on evidenced-based curriculum model/or prevention model
- Develop and/or assist in the child programming and parent-child interaction groups
- Initiates 2 (two) child development screenings per year with parents and children using the appropriate developmental tools.
- Maintain confidentiality of ALL families
- Maintain files and complete all management information system paperwork accurately as required in a timely manner
- Maintain the family support center site and ensure welcoming atmosphere
- Participate in ongoing outreach/recruitment for program
- Participate in the development of and facilitate parent groups
- Participate in the development of special events and celebrations with/for families
- Provide crisis intervention and/or referrals for families
- Ability to coach and support families
- Provides team approach model case management services including goal setting, networking, and use of community resources, advocacy, referral, and support
- Develop mutual trust and cooperation with families to strengthen child and parenting development
- Responsible for 18 (eighteen) to 25 (twenty-five) families on their caseload
- Transport families to programming, well baby visits, mental health sessions, etc. when possible
- Relationship or knowledge of the Homewood-Brushton community is helpful
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Child Development, Early Childhood or related field or
- High School diploma and five (5) years of related experience in early childhood prevention, human services/or social services working with children and families.
- Experience with/in home visiting.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 33 Child Clearance
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Valid Driver's License
Salary is commensurate with experience. PAEYC offers generous benefits including health, vision, dental, short term and long term disability, and 401K.
Submit cover letter and resume with a minimum of three work-related references to email@example.com. Phone calls will not be accepted. Posting will remain open until filled.