Thank you for your interest in a career with PAEYC.
PAEYC’s mission is to support high-quality care and education for young children. PAEYC provides advocacy, community resources, and professional growth opportunities, for the needs and rights of children, their families, and the individuals who interact with them. PAEYC works regionally (in Southwestern Pennsylvania) and takes its expertise and models to statewide and national audiences.
To apply, please see instructions at the bottom of each job listing. Phone calls WILL NOT be accepted. Postings will remain open until filled.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, BUZZWORD Pittsburgh
Position: Program Coordinator
Location: The Homewood Early Learning HUB
Purpose: The Program Coordinator will work closely with The Homewood Early Learning HUB and Homewood-Brushton Family Support Center staff and collaborating program partners to implement and manage a grant-funded, community-wide language and literacy project: Buzzword Pittsburgh. The coordinator will compile all information regarding the program from partners and act as a liaison between community partners and collaborating organizations. This is a full-time position that includes occasional evening and weekend hours as well as travel. The Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Learning and Development, and is considered an active team member of the Quality Initiatives department within PAEYC.
- Coordinate and assist in the planning and implementation of BUZZWORD Pittsburgh programming, activities and events for young children and families.
- Act as a liaison and aid in communication and program planning efforts between partner organizations, community resource agencies, and community representatives (e.g. family ambassadors, partner schools).
- Coordinate and implement the BUZZWORD Pittsburgh Family Ambassador program.
- Maintain the program file sharing and archiving system; assist in the maintenance of the BUZZWORD Pittsburgh website and social media platforms.
- Aid in the reflection and evaluation of the overall project as well as activities, experiences, and events that occur within the programs. This process will work to ensure that PAEYC programs and activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization as well as reflect the needs and interests of the community.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with community resource organizations, educational institutions, and other stakeholders involved in child and family programming. The Program Coordinator may be asked to attend community meetings and events as a representative of BUZZWORD Pittsburgh and PAEYC.
- Collaborate and work with other Early Learning Hub and Family Support Center team members as well as PAEYC staff. The Program Coordinator will participate in PAEYC team and staff meetings as well as may be asked to participate in other PAEYC projects, outside of BUZZWORD Pittsburgh.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Effective organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Effective listening skills; as well as the ability to ask questions whenever unclear about a concept, task, or activity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; public speaking expertise highly preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality and value the notion of respect among colleagues. The Program Coordinator will be required to abide by the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct for Early Childhood Professionals.
- Flexible and open to quick changes being made to better meet the needs of program audiences as well as perform other duties to support PAEYC programming, as assigned.
- The ability to travel throughout the region; access to personal transportation is preferred.
- Familiar with and the ability to manipulate typical organizational technology.
Education & Other Requirements:
- A degree in human services, education, or related field; A Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in education/community program management and engagement work is required (at least 3 years); experience in arts education and/or the creative arts is highly preferred.
- Experience working with children, aged birth through 12 years and their families is required.
- Experience and/or education in successful community outreach/recruitment efforts is required.
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Current clearances both state and federal.
- The ability to engage in light physical demands, such as lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as well as local travel.
Salary range is $40,000 - $45,000 plus benefits. PAEYC offers generous benefits including health, vision, dental, short term and long term disability, and 401K.
Submit cover letter and resume with a minimum of three work-related references to email@example.com. Phone calls will not be accepted. Posting will remain open until filled.