The Pittsburgh Association for the Education of Young Children (PAEYC) is the professional membership organization for those involved with the early care and education of young children.
Doctors, lawyers and other professionals have membership associations which provide a unified voice for - and on behalf of - their members.
In the same way, PAEYC serves as a community resource, an advocate for quality and a voice for those in the profession of early care and education. PAEYC currently serves more than 1600 members and is governed by an elected board. Members, and those interested in becoming members, are encouraged to serve on a committee and take an active role in PAEYC programs including:
- Membership Services
- Advocacy and Public Policy
- Professional Development
- Community Engagement
- Participation in Quality Enhancement Projects
- Membership in NAEYC (national) PennAEYC (state) and PAEYC (local) affiliates
- Five print issues of Young Children or Teaching Young Children, NAEYC’s award-winning journals
- PAEYC e-newsletters
- Reduced rates to PAEYC and NAEYC conferences
- Membership to the SharedSourcePA.org website
- Professional development opportunities
- No-deposit borrowing privileges with PAEYC’s early childhood resource library (books, videos, periodicals, reference materials)
- Voting rights, and eligibility to hold office in PAEYC, PennAEYC and NAEYC
- Opportunity to participate in insurance plans offered through NAEYC
- NAEYC Accreditation resources
- Meets Keystone STARS 3 and 4 requirements for professional growth and development
To see the cost benefits by member type click here.
So why wait? Join Now! You have everything to gain.
To join online, click here.
To snail mail your membership application, download the application and mail to:
P.O. Box 97156
Washington, DC 20090-7156