If you’re looking to further your time investment with early childhood education policy issues, you’ve come to the right place!
With these valuable resources, you’ll be able to quickly identify and actively communicate with your local and state legislators, as well as demonstrate the importance of early childhood education with caregivers and your community. Remember, our legislatures are people just like you and I.
Early childhood education matters to you, so make sure your opinion is heard! Your voice is important because it will help shape the way policies are written concerning the issues that matter the most to you and your family.
Remember, your legislator is just a person---like you and I. They are here to represent you! Let your voice be heard.
Tips for meeting with your legislator:
- First and foremost, remember, legislators are people just like you and me!
- They were voted into office to represent you AND they need your help. Be a resource to your legislator.
- Be patient, kind and courteous!
- Don’t forget to introduce yourself and your center and be sure to indicate that you are a constituent.
- Share how having a strong early childhood system affects you and your community! Help your legislator make that personal connection.
Need to know who your legislator is?