The Playful Pittsburgh Collaborative is committed to ensuring play is supported as a critical element in the lives of people of all ages.
The Collaborative includes:
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Carnegie Museum of Art
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Children's Museum Pittsburgh
Kids Plus Pediatrics
Let Kids Play!
Let's Move Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
Saturday Light Brigade
Southwestern Pennsylvania Partnership on Aging
The City of Pittsburgh, Mayor's Office
The Grable Foundation
The Sprout Fund
The Student Conservation Association
What Can You Do?
- Get informed—play is essential to children’s development & health, adult physical & mental health, & community revitalization (lots of research says it’s so).
- Be a VOICE for play at your work, and where you live & play!
- Visit our website. Join the collaborative! Send an email to email@example.com.
- Post/Tweet playful events using #playfulpgh
- This is Me: Article 31 and A Child's Right to Play
- NOW Playing! a ten hour television series about the vital importance of play to our happiness, well-being, and the future of life.
- The Benefits of Risk in Play